OnGreen, the global clearinghouse of green tech investment, is looking for a Business Development Manager based in China to help attract more investors, entrepreneurs, government agencies, universities, non-governmental agencies and other types of users to OnGreen.com.
OnGreen drives money and opportunities to the most promising green technologies. Launched in 2009, OnGreen.com is a professional social marketplace for the Green Economy, but in addition to connecting people to people, we connect capital to ideas.
OnGreen is based in Los Angeles, California, and with offices opening up in Shanghai and Mumbai.
The candidate could come from any of the following backgrounds: Sales, Consulting, Investment Banking, Recruitment, Marketing, Hi-Tech, Non-Profit or Business Development.
• Reach out to OnGreen users, including entrepreneurs, companies, universities, NGOs, governments and investors in Cleantech.
• Help inform product strategy and definition.
• Listen to the needs of the market and share it with Product and Marketing teams.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, policies and operating procedures.
• Represent the company at Cleantech/Finance conferences and/or business meetings.
• Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of marketing materials, exhibits and promotional campaigns.
• Promote positive relations with partners, policy makers, and users.
• Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
• Be proactive about problem solving (even if it’s outside of your area).Do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Worked in China for non-Chinese company, preferably an internet or technology company.
• Established and maintained industry contacts that lead to real partnerships.
• Relationships with large corporations, universities, trade organizations and government agencies.
• Excellent communication ability -- spoken and written -- in English and especially Chinese.
• Ability to start from scratch; experience developing new markets.
• Understanding of cleantech/renewables industry is preferred.
• Business or organizational degree preferred.
• Ability to travel frequently (25-50% of the time).
This position will report to the VP of Marketing and Business Development. OnGreen offers a competitive base salary with an additional, performance-based bonus.
Applicants should send a resume, along with a cover letter in both English and Mandarin, to firstname.lastname@example.org.