OnGreen Administrative Assistant
OnGreen, the global clearinghouse and marketplace for clean technologies, is looking for an awesome, effervescent Administrative Assistant.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top magazines, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-recognized, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-blasting start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies worldwide, transforming today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has offices in Shanghai.
We are looking for an Admin Assistant to provide administrative and programmatic support for our operations in the U.S. and China, including scheduling, coordination of events, creating presentations, bookkeeping and online research. The idea candidate has incredible energy that they want to put towards making everything go right for their team.
The position will report to the Operations Manager of the company.
- 3-4 years of administrative experience with a fast-growing company
Mastery of online coordination tools such as event management solutions, email, google calendar, skype
Eagerness and aptitude to learn new coordination tools, like activeCollab
Fluency in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese a big plus
Experience in working in the Cleantech space a plus
Fantastic communication skills: gets things across in crisp, concise fashion
Ability to work well under pressure and with shifting priorities
Bulletproof execution, organization and follow through skills
Bachelors degree preferred
3 strong work references required, with at least 2 coming from former managers
If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com with “Admin Asst” in the subject line and the following info:
- Cover letter/message
- Resume or OnGreen profile URL (recommended: Create your free profile here: http://www.ongreen.com/user/join )
- List of companies or organizations from whom you’ll be getting references. You do not have to put people’s names or contact info at this point, as we won’t be reaching out to them yet; just put the names of the companies.
- List of Top 5 favorite bands of all time
More about the company:
OnGreen is an online/offline network connecting the world’s best cleantech innovators with investors and partners from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global green economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 80,000 cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- $2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 50% investor contact rate – 2-3 contacts per company.
- 10 demo and/or matching events in last 12 months.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate cleantech development.
- In June 2011 President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology praised OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In China, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our Shanghai-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- August 2011: Led 19 American, Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: Several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: Investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.