OnGreen Inc. is current looking for an intelligent and analytical business development intern to join our team in the incubation and cultivation of clean technologies. You will be part of a high growth, fast paced, and emerging industry, and work closely with various decision makers including investors, entrepreneurs, policymakers, subject-matter experts, and corporate executives.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top magazines, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-recognized, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-blasting start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies worldwide, transforming today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has offices in Shanghai.
The position is marketing focused with an emphasis in strategic planning, intelligence gathering, and performance monitoring. You will be working closely with the Director of Business Development and learning various market analysis, partnership strategy, and government outreach skills.
Responsibilities & Desired Traits:
• Review cleantech news and reports to become familiar with the industry
• Willingness to deal with listening to stories that start with “back in the day” by senior company leaders
• Understand company goals and objectives; know what “fit” means
• Analyze and reach out to key cleantech groups for partnership possibilities
• Listen to the needs of the market and share it with Product and Marketing teams.
• Be able to list their top 5 favorite comic books
• Represent the company at cleantech conferences and/or business meetings.
• Assist with the preparation, issuance, and delivery of marketing materials, exhibits and promotional campaigns.
• Learn how to promote positive relations with partners, policy makers, and users.
• Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
• Be proactive about problem solving (even if it’s outside of your area).
• Must love music…all kinds of music. Rakim, Weezer and Foo Fighters Fans automatically score bonus points
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- One page resume or OnGreen profile URL
- Cover letter/message
- List of Top 5 favorite bands of all time
More about the company:
OnGreen is an online/offline network connecting the world’s best cleantech innovators with investors and partners from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global green economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 80,000 cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- $2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 50% investor contact rate – 2-3 contacts per company.
- 10 demo and/or matching events in last 12 months.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate cleantech development.
- In June 2011 President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology praised OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In China, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our China and US-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- August 2011: Led 19 American, Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: Several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: Investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.