OnGreen Chief Science Expert
OnGreen, the global clearinghouse and marketplace for clean technologies, is looking for a drop-dead-amazing Chief Science Expert to set the course of the future in clean technology.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top magazines, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-cited, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-addicted start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies globally and transforms today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has offices in Shanghai.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented person to lead, build and coordinate our global Expert community as they vet business and technology deals posted on our website. The ideal candidate will have a broad range of experience in management and scientific endeavors (preferably in the clean/green-tech space). The individual will know how to properly vet business and technology deals through a precise set of metrics that can evaluate the potential of the deal from both a domestic and international perspective.
The position will report to the CEO of the company.
-- Senior management at a University, National Lab, Incubator, or Private Industry Tech Firm
-- Ability to critically vet business and technology deals based on clientele needs
-- Exposure to clean/green technology space
-- Demonstrated success managing multiple simultaneous projects
-- Staffing up a top-quality team of expert advisors
-- Superior organizational skills
-- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
-- Ability to work well under pressure and with shifting priorities; ability to meet deadlines
-- Excellent time management skills
-- Quick responsiveness, judicious, and independent thinker
-- Multilingual is a plus (esp. Mandarin)
-- Masters in the Sciences/Technology (Min, PhD Preferred) an MBA or equivalent business experience is a plus
-- Understands the difference between “centripetal” and “centrifugal” forces
-- Must be full-time and work from LA office. No relocation offered.
Compensation: salary + stock options, based on experience
If you are interested, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Resume or OnGreen profile URL (recommended: Create your free profile here: http://www.ongreen.com/user/join )
- Cover letter
- List of Top 5 favorite bands of all time
More about the company:
OnGreen is a online/offline network connecting the worlds best cleantech innovators with investors and partners from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global Green Economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 70,000 Cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- US$2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 50% investor contact rate – 2-3 contacts per company.
- 10 demo and /or matching events in last 12 months.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate Cleantech development.
- In June 2011 U.S. President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology cited OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In China, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our Shanghai-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- August 2011: Led 19 U.S., Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.
- February: OnGreen opened a Shanghai office and hosted a cleantech networking event with 110 entrepreneurs, investors and other industry stakeholders.