OnGreen, the global clearinghouse and marketplace for clean technologies, is looking for an India Country Manager to run its India operations out of Mumbai.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top global publications, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-cited, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-addicted start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies globally and transforms today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has an office in Shanghai.
We are currently expanding the commercialization market for OnGreen with the intention of bringing new and innovative clean technologies into India.
The India General Manager will report to the COO of the company and lead the expansion of OnGreen’s presence in India. The primary focus will be researching, developing and managing relationships with cleantech stakeholders in government, the private sector, academia and the non-profit world. The candidate could come from any of the following backgrounds: Sales, Consulting, Investment Banking, Recruitment, Marketing, Hi-Tech, Non-Profit or Business Development.
● Drive India strategy for OnGreen.
● Research and report on the best way for OnGreen to serve the Indian market.
● Build relationships with entrepreneurs, companies, universities, NGOs, governments and investors in cleantech.
● Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, policies and operating procedures for OnGreen’s India office.
● Manage local team.
● Represent the company at cleantech conferences and/or business meetings.
● Supervise the preparation, issuance, and delivery of marketing materials, exhibits and promotional campaigns.
● Be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge.
● Report on performance of India efforts against clearly-defined metrics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Worked in India for a multi-national company, preferably an internet company.
● Established and maintained industry contacts that lead to real partnerships.
● Relationships with large corporations, universities, trade organizations and government agencies.
● Excellent communication skill -- spoken and written -- in English and Hindi.
● Ability to start from scratch in developing new markets.
● Relationships with major Indian internet sites and investment banks are a plus.
● Understanding of cleantech/renewables industry is preferred.
● Business or organizational degree preferred.
● Ability to travel frequently (25-50% of the time).
OnGreen offers a competitive base salary, benefits, stock options and an additional, performance-based bonus.
If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com with the following:
- Resume or OnGreen profile URL )
- Cover letter/message
- Links to communities you’ve built and managed (include your username)
- List of Top 5 favorite Hindi Films and actors/actresses of all time
More about the company:
OnGreen is a online/offline network connecting the worlds best cleantech innovators with investors and partners from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global Green Economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 70,000 Cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- US$2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 50% investor contact rate – 2-3 contacts per company.
- 10 demo and /or matching events in last 12 months.
- First 2-3 fundings expected by November.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate Cleantech development.
- In June 2011 U.S. President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology cited OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In India, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our Shanghai-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- ·August 2011: Led 19 U.S., Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.
- February: OnGreen opened a Shanghai office and hosted a cleantech networking event with 110 entrepreneurs, investors and other industry stakeholders.
- In January, OnGreen partnered with the Joint U.S.- China Collaboration on Clean Energy (JUCCCE) to explore how best to match Chinese capital with U.S. innovation.