OnGreen Marketing / UI Designer
OnGreen, the global clearinghouse and marketplace for clean technologies, is looking for a rock star UI / UX Designer with a creative design experience covering both print and web.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top magazines, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-cited, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-addicted start-up that drives capital, resources and expertise to the most promising clean technologies and companies and helps transform today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement.
We’re a small team but do big things: like Accelerate: Global Cleantech Conference, OnGreen China Capital Roadshow and our upcoming China Capital II roadshow with LA Mayor Antonio Villarigosa & former US Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson. OnGreen is Los Angeles based and has satellite offices in Shanghai and Shenzhen.
We are seeking a highly organized and creative person to lead our site design efforts, with a special focus on User Interface / User Experience. OnGreen reaches our community through online, print and face-to-face interaction and needs a strong designer to help craft and implement consistent branding, messaging and user experience across these mediums.
We’re a small organization, so the designer will also have the opportunity to participate in market segmentation strategy, website feature definition, events planning and international roadshow marketing. S/he must think big, have a fantastic creative flair and have a strong understanding of technology, the geeks who develop it, the business professionals who help them turn their ideas into businesses and the investors who help make it real. Most importantly, s/he must have an energy and passion for creating things where they didn't exist before.
The Marketing Designer will report to the Director of Marketing and will be focused on print collateral design, web design & usability and copy creation.
- Passion for user interface development, including architecting UI-oriented user stories.
- Demonstrated experience covering both web and print and how the two work together.
- Demonstrated success at translating business objectives into brand, messaging and promotional materials.
- Experience in SEO or Internet communities a big plus.
- Excellent creativity and design skills
- Solid track record in UI / UX design & implementation
- Ability to work well under pressure and with shifting priorities; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Quick responsiveness, judicious, and independent thinker
- Must be full-time and work in our LA office. No relocation offered.
Compensation: salary + stock options, based on experience
If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com with the following:
- Resume or OnGreen profile URL
- Cover letter
- Work samples (both print and online)
- Salary History
More about the company:
OnGreen is an online/offline network connecting the worlds best cleantech innovators with investors, experts, customers and resources from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global Green Economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 70,000 Cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- US$2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 10 demo and /or matching events in last 12 months.
- Accelerate: Global Cleantech Conference coming in Oct, 2011 in SF.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate Cleantech development.
- In June 2011 U.S. President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology cited OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In China, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our Shanghai-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- August 2011: Led 19 U.S., Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.