General Business Operations/Management
Management & Business
Green Business & Support
OnGreen Operations Manager
OnGreen, the global clearinghouse and marketplace for clean technologies, is looking for an awesome Operations Manager.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top publications, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-cited, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-addicted start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies globally and transforms today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has offices in Shanghai.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented person to handle day-to-day operations for our growing, high-energy team. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally energetic and eager to tackle any and all challenges. The Ops Manager will assist with HR, legal, accounting, and finance, supporting all departments and offices. As office manager, you will also be responsible for fun stuff like maintenance, supplies and yelling at interns for leaving dirty cups in the sink. Must combine a fanatical attention to detail, financial knowledge, extreme discipline, humility, the ability to touch their tongue to their nose and a passion for creating things where they didn't exist before.
The position will report to the Chief Operations Officer of the company.
-- Providing logistical support, including budget and finance, legal, and HR
-- Work at an internet company, venture capital firm, private equity fund or investment bank
-- Exposure to clean technology space (optional)
-- Demonstrated success managing multiple simultaneous projects
-- Superior organizational skills
-- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
-- Ability to work well under pressure and with shifting priorities; ability to meet deadlines
-- Excellent time management skills
-- Quick responsiveness, judicious, and independent thinker
-- Multilingual is a plus (esp. Mandarin)
-- Bachelors degree
-- Must be full-time and work from LA office. No relocation offered.
Compensation: salary + stock options, based on experience
If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com with the following:
- Resume or OnGreen profile URL (recommended: Create your free profile here: http://www.ongreen.com/user/join )
- Cover letter
- Work samples (if relevant)
- List of Top 5 favorite bands of all time
More about the company:
OnGreen is a online/offline network connecting the worlds best cleantech innovators with investors and partners from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global Green Economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 70,000 Cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- US$2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 50% investor contact rate – 2-3 contacts per company.
- 10 demo and /or matching events in last 12 months.
- First 2-3 fundings expected by November.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate Cleantech development.
- In June 2011 U.S. President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology cited OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In China, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our Shanghai-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- ·August 2011: Led 19 U.S., Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.
- February: OnGreen opened a Shanghai office and hosted a cleantech networking event with 110 entrepreneurs, investors and other industry stakeholders.