As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top publications, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-recognized, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-blasting start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies worldwide, transforming today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has offices in Shanghai and Shenzhen.
The Product Manager will report to the President of OnGreen. The PM will be equal parts project manager and business owner at this point, so we’re looking for nitty-gritty execution chops as much as business acumen.
- Helping direct OnGreen’s product strategy.
- Brainstorming and strategizing product.
- Managing internationalization of OnGreen platform.
- Capturing and documenting business requirements, UIX and workflows.
- Performing feasibility and competitive analysis of product modules
- Working with a technical/development manager to implement product roadmap
- Working with graphic design, SEO and UI teams
- Overseeing some operational aspects of the site.
- Helping perform customer research.
- Manage product testing and implementation
- Manage tech and business documentations
- Assisting with product demos
The ideal candidate has the following experience and qualifications:
- Building and managing successful web sites.
- Overseeing product development process.
- Working in a start-up environment.
- Experience with community and social media.
- Building a website in another language.
- Sourcing content internationally.
- China experience and Mandarin fluency are big plusses.
- Database design.
- Experience with Project management, MS Project and Excel
- Working closely with tech teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills to validate strong instincts.
- Humility and sense of humor.
- Infectious energy and enthusiasm.
- A passion for helping build the green economy one deal at a time.
Compensation: salary + stock options, based on experience
If you are interested, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
More about the company:
OnGreen is an online/offline network connecting the world’s best cleantech innovators with investors and partners from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global green economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 80,000 cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- $2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 50% investor contact rate – 2-3 contacts per company.
- 10 demo and/or matching events in last 12 months.
- First 2-3 fundings expected by November.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate cleantech development.
- In June 2011 President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology praised OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In China, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our Shanghai-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- August 2011: Led 19 American, Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: Several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: Investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.
OnGreen’s revenue model is to take cash and equity when we help a company land funding or a key partnership. Our Cleantech experts – led by a former White House technology advisor – vet every company on our site, and we offer to take the top 10-15% of them as clients. Our channels for generating investment and partnerships include the website itself, social media outreach, personal introductions and matching events.