Management & Business
Green Business & Support
OnGreen Tech Project Manager
OnGreen, the global clearinghouse and marketplace for clean technologies, is looking for a Tech Project Manager to PM us like we ain’t never been PMed before.
As covered in TechCrunch, VentureBeat and other top magazines, OnGreen is a venture-backed, White House-recognized, LA-based, cricket-playing, overworking, Turntable.fm-blasting start-up that drives partners and capital to the most promising clean technologies and companies worldwide, transforming today’s environmental challenges into future economic advancement. OnGreen also has offices in Shanghai.
We are currently seeking an insanely organized, driven Tech PM to strategize, implement and oversee web development and infrastructure projects. Our site is a platform for cleantech investors and companies to find and interact with one another, so we are equal parts social network, matching algorithm, directory, database and private extranet. Features and functionality will grow steadily in the coming 12-18 months, and we want a PM who’ll deliver them on-time and amazing.
This position will report to the CTO of the company.
- Helping set OnGreen’s product strategy.
- Capturing and documenting business requirements, UIX and workflows.
- Brainstorming and strategizing product.
- Performing feasibility and competitive analysis of product modules.
- Implementing product roadmap.
- Working with graphic design, SEO and UI teams.
- Managing internationalization of OnGreen platform.
- Overseeing some operational aspects of the site.
- Helping perform customer research.
- Managing product testing and implementation.
- Creating tech documentation.
- Assisting with product demos.
Qualifications and Experience
- Building and managing successful web sites.
- Overseeing product development process.
- Working in a start-up environment.
- Experience with community and social media.
- Building a website in another language.
- Sourcing content internationally.
- China experience and Mandarin fluency are big advantages.
- Facility w/project management tools, i.e. MS Project.
- Working closely with tech teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills to validate strong instincts.
- Humility and sense of humor.
- Infectious energy and enthusiasm.
- A passion for helping build the green economy one deal at a time.
- Must be full-time and work from LA office. No relocation offered.
Compensation: salary + stock options, based on experience
If you are interested, please send an email to: email@example.com with the following:
- Resume or OnGreen profile URL (recommended: Create your free profile here: http://www.ongreen.com/user/join )
- Cover letter/message
- Work samples
- List of Top 5 favorite bands of all time
More about the company:
OnGreen is an online/offline network connecting the world’s best cleantech innovators with investors and partners from around the world. We use our website, personal network and matching events to bring together key players in the fragmented global green economy.
The process starts with our website, www.ongreen.com, where companies post standardized profiles and funding requests and then network with investors, experts and other industry leaders who can help them grow their business. We have organized the Green Economy into 240 specific categories, so we are able to match members based on their particular niche and interests.
We’ve made good progress since launching in July 2010. Here are some key success metrics.
- 300+ companies posting funding requests from 35 countries.
- 80,000 cleantech patents categorized and searchable in our database.
- $2.2 billion in total funding requests.
- 18,000 unique visitors per month.
- 50% investor contact rate – 2-3 contacts per company.
- 10 demo and/or matching events in last 12 months.
We work with federal and local governments to facilitate cleantech development.
- In June 2011 President Obama’s Office of Science and Technology praised OnGreen for “accelerating innovation.”
- In the U.S., we’ve hosted events with everyone from the City of Los Angeles to the US Patent & Trademark Office.
- In China, we’re partners with the Department of Commerce of Jiangsu, China’s 2nd-wealthiest province, as well as with three of the leading technology parks around Shanghai.
Helped by our China and US-based investors, we have established OnGreen as a bridge between Chinese capital and foreign (mainly U.S.) innovation. Recent highlights:
- August 2011: Led 19 American, Canadian and European entrepreneurs on China Capital Roadshow, matching them with 60+ potential investors and partners in Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. 1 partner MOU so far, 4-5 pending.
- May: OnGreen start-ups met in 1:1 matching sessions with investors from Jiangsu province and Hong Kong in Boston and Los Angeles.
- April: Several OnGreen start-ups pitched a delegation of investors from the Zhejiang province at UCLA’s Office of Intellectual Property.
- March: Investors from Jiangsu province viewed demos by start-ups at OnGreen’s launch party at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.