Two weeks ago, JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) held an event in Portland, Oregon discussing developments in the EV and charge station space. If you couldn't make it to the event, read the post-event summary. You'll see:
1. The concepts behind the future of Toyota vehicles,
2. What Honda's venture arm is looking for in potential partners and suppliers for Honda Motors, as well as potential investment opportunities and
3. The progress of electric vehicle (EV) related companies in the U.S.: Arcimoto (EV developer), Shorepower Technologies (installer of charge stations) and AmFor Electronics (supplier).
Read the event summary here: http://www.jetro.org/content/766. Afterward, contact us if you are interested in the Japanese market. Also, stay tuned for more information on JETRO USA's largest event of the year, coming up in early February. It will focus on clean technologies in Japan and opportunities for U.S. companies in the Japanese market. To be automatically updated, subscribe to our national newsletter, JETRO Spotlight USA: http://www.jetro.org/newsletters.
JETRO USA helps about 40 U.S. companies each year open a Japan office. We provide companies with
1. Free* top-level Japan market and regulatory information,
2. Free* consultations with experts in company registration, tax, human resources, and other issues and
3. Free* temporary office space in Japan for up to 50 business days.
* Yes, it's really free. We're a government-affiliated organization set up specifically to do this as one of our missions.
Read about the experiences of our past clients at: http://www.jetro.org/pastclients. We recently interviewed chip maker VeriSilicon who worked with JETRO to establish a Japan office in Fall 2005, when its Japan sales accounted for less than 5 percent of total company sales. As of Fall 2009, that number has grown to over 15 percent, and they expect it to grow to 20 to 30 percent over the next couple of years. Read their story at http://www.jetro.org/content/757.
For more information about opportunities for your company in Japan, contact your local JETRO USA office: http://www.jetro.org/contact.
Best of luck with your business(es),