On the 16th & 17th October 2012 the second Clean Technology business and investment conference for the African continent, Viridis Africa, is to be held at the Killarney Country Club, Lower Houghton in Johannesburg.Viridis Africa is dedicated to entrepreneurs and corporates who are seeking funding to introduce clean technology solutions and services. Principals who would present their business opportunities at this event would have the audience of numerous local and foreign investors. Investors would include venture capital, private equity, project and corporate finance outfits and others dedicated to the clean tech sector.The pre-eminent event for investment in clean technologies throughout Africa will be the place for local and foreign investors to meet with principals of projects in renewable energy, waste treatment and recycling, water and effluent treatment amongst other sectors. The size and scope of projects seeking funding would range from few to hundreds of millions of US dollars.
Participants include speakers / representatives of the leading financial institutions both local and international, country trade representatives, international funding agencies and many others.The following are some of the clean tech sub-sectors in which principals may consider their company, initiative being presented:
- Clean Energy Generation: Wind, solar, hydro, biofuels, geothermal, clean coal technologies
- Storage: Fuel cells, advanced batteries, hybrid systems
- Infrastructure: Management, transmission
- Efficiency: Building efficiency, smart grids, waste heat recovery
- Water & waste water: Water treatment, water conservation, waste water treatment, desalination
- Recycling & waste: Recycling, waste treatment, organic matter, plastics
The conference is relevant to:
- Clean tech entrepreneurs
- Researchers working on water, energy and environmental issues
- Government agencies involved in water, renewable energy and environmental issues
- Electricity and water utilities and planners
- Environmental consultants
- Investors including institutional, private equity, venture capital from outside Africa will be presenting their particular interest, investment criteria and inviting principals to submit their business proposals.
Additional business proposals are invited from clean tech sub-sectors including clean energy generation (wind, solar, hydro, biofuels, geothermal, clean coal technologies), storage (fuel cells, advanced batteries, hybrid systems), efficiency (smart grids, waste heat recovery), water & waste water (water treatment, water conservation, waste water treatment, desalination) and recycling and waste (recycling, waste treatment, organic matter, plastics) etc.The event will also introduce parties with complimentary technologies and business models to one another in order to explore mutually beneficial opportunities.In the main the conference and its exhibition will endeavour to bring about a vibrant market trading place for entrepreneurs and corporates to propose and conclude investment deals with funders.Although the event is to be held once a year, it is designed to give the participants long term continuity vis a vis the provision of web-based interaction platforms, inducing social networks.
For more information about the conference: please visit us at www.viridisafrica.com.