After graduating with an MBA from Pepperdine in 2011 I felt overwhelmingly drawn to the fields of renewable energy and sustainability. Most of this feeling stemmed from my participation in the first ever SEER Certificate program offered by the school. The program, led by inspiring former CEO of Patagonia - Michael Crooke, gave students proof from a practicioners point of view that a sustianable business model can lead to long term financial strength and a competitive advantage. We defined a sustainable business as one that views its problems and opportunities through a lens of environmental stewardship, social impact, financial strength, and a quality product/service.
I started my professional career (not counting a tennis teacher for 2 summers in college) in New York as a Design Engineer for a company called Humanscale. After working for 2 years with some very talented people creating many innovative products, I became more interested in the strategic, big picture stuff and decided it was time to get a foundation in business.
I am currently working part time as a freelance Consultant and am seeking full time opportunities in the world of renewable energy or with any company that embraces sustainabitliy and corporate responsibility as a core part of their business.
I am also scheduled to take the LEED Green Associates Exam in late 2011.
- Viscusi GroupConsultant | 2011 - current
- Joe Torre Safe at Home FoundationIntern | 2010 - 2011
- HumanscaleDesign Engineer | 2007 - 2009
- Pepperdine University, The George L. Graziadio School of Business and Management - Entrepreneurship, SustainabilityMBA | 2009 - 2011
- Miami University - Engineering Management, Manufacturing EngineeringB.S Engineering | 2002 - 2007